Seaweed extract is a popular ingredient in natural beauty products because it contains a unique and rich blend of vitamins and antioxidants which can benefit a wide range of skin types.
The anti- inflammatory properties of seaweed are beneficial for sensitive skin and skin prone to rosacea. Rich in minerals such as zinc, magnesium and selenium, seaweed can help soothe redness and repair skin. Seaweed is also a rich in iodine known to help skin cell regeneration.
Here are the Phoenix & Providence products that I’d recommend for your skin type, and why the ingredients they contain are particularly suitable for your skin’s needs. These products are free from essential oils as whilst essential oils are a natural ingredient and widely used in organic skincare, they do contain irritants not suitable for sensitive skin.
A rich balm made from organic antioxidant and anti-inflammatory plant-based ingredients, to soothe and protect dry and eczema prone skin.
- Seaweed infused in organic jojoba oil for a full lunar cycle. This nourishing infusion helps hydrate and calm skin irritation.
- Organic shea butter and coconut oil deeply moisturise and provide a protective barrier for the skin.
- Healing sea buckthorn oil to aid skin cell regeneration.
- Naturally antibacterial beeswax softens skin.
- Free from essential oils and fragrances, suitable for sensitive skin, and for use by the whole family.
Use sparingly on any areas of dry skin and allow balm to sink in.
If you are experiencing very dry skin the balm can be used on your face as an intensive treatment. Simply rub a little in and leave overnight.
If your skin is feeling tired, use the balm as a deeply rich cleanser. Apply a little to your face and remove with a washcloth. Follow with Nourish Face Oil.
Change in temperatures (particularly during cold weather) can cause rosacea to flare up. During these times using a little of the balm on your face, or as a cleanser, provides a protective barrier and can help reduce redness.
‘The Soothe Hand and Body Balm is perfect for anyone like me prone to eczema. Particularly with so much hand washing and sanitising going on! A little goes a long way, even on my dry hands and it keeps your hands moisturised even during several more washes. For me, it’s great that it doesn’t have irritating essential oils too. I love it!’
A unique blend of seaweed infused organic oils-
- Seaweed - packed with vitamins K, B, A, and E, that help improve skin tone, texture, and elasticity. High in Vitamin C, these natural antioxidants promote collagen production which helps to plump skin and smooth fine lines. Full of humectants, seaweed is beneficial for skin as it helps skin hydrate and retain moisture
- Organic argan oil- High in Omega-6 fatty acids and antioxidants that have regenerative and firming qualities, helping skin elasticity.
- Organic rosehip oil- High in fatty acids and naturally occurring Vitamin A, this hydrating oil smooths fine lines and helps scarring.
- Organic hempseed oil- Packed full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fatty acids.
Apply after cleansing to slightly damp skin to lock in moisture, morning, and evening.
‘The face oil is just wonderful and has cured the eczema on my face. The hydrocortisone and steroid creams the doctor provided did not work. I can’t recommend enough!’